How to get revenue metrics from Stripe to Hubspot? The 360° customer overview your business needs
By Brian Laleye · August 16, 2022 · 9 min read
If you’re a big fan of marketing tools like Hubspot but find it cumbersome to manage data from separate systems and applications, don’t worry.
In this article, I will show you two ways to load revenue data into Hubspot, freeing up time for your engineering and operations teams and ensuring that your data in Hubspot is always up-to-date.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to:
- With this integration, you can create custom audiences and tailored marketing campaigns based on the revenue generated by each audience.
- Perform personalized lifecycle marketing by sending the appropriate message at the right time based on the pricing plan selected.
- Close more deals, make customer/user support a priority
We are going to focus on getting revenue metrics into Hubspot CRM in this article.close more deals, make customer/user support a priority
What is Stripe?
Stripe enables online and in-person retailers, subscription businesses, software platforms, marketplaces, and other industries to process payments. Additionally, Stripe provides tools to combat fraud, send invoices, issue virtual and physical cards, obtain financing, manage business expenses and more.
What is Hubspot?
Hubspot is a marketing platform that supports businesses in boosting their traffic, leads, and sales through inbound marketing strategies.
The platform enables users to create landing pages, design email marketing campaigns, and track analytics all in one location.
Why getting a 360° customer overview is crucial for your business?
A 360° customer overview provides a comprehensive understanding of your customers’ preferences, behaviors, and requirements.
When you have this information readily available in your daily tools, it becomes simpler to make better and more informed decisions about how to improve your business operations.
Keeping this type of data about your customers is essential because it allows you to:
- Understanding of how well each customer aligns with their ideal persona, allows you to tailor your marketing messages and services in a more effective manner
- Identify if any of your existing customers are being under-served, so that you can take action to provide them with more value and increase your revenue.
- Stay up-to-date with the evolving needs and expectations of your customers. By regularly engaging with them through surveys, feedback forms, or social media interactions
Method 1: The Hard Way With Manual Process
Stripe CSV file creation
1. Click on Export
2. Select the filters and click on Export
To know more about Stripe payments’ export: click here.
Loading to Hubspot
Navigate to your Hubspot account and access the Contacts section.
Next, choose your desired destination by selecting from the options in the drop-down list. Depending on what you wish to import, click either Contacts or Company.
Import contact example from Hubspot
Click record out of your computer as your import and click on subsequent at the lowest proper of your screen.
Select one record (except if you’ve got multiple) and click on subsequent again.
Select one object (except if you’ve got multiple) and click on next.
Click contacts as your object import and click on next.
Select File to find the CSV file you exported from Stripe.
Then map the import column to the correct Hubspot property.
If there are mismatched columns, map them correctly or click on “Don’t import data in unmatched columns”.
Mapping field example from Hubspot
In this section, you can select and choose built-in fields or custom fields that you can create at this step to store revenue data at contact and/or company level.
To go further: Set up your import files in Hubspot
Method 1: Pros and cons of manual process
The process of manually transferring data from PostgreSQL to Hubspot is not the most effective solution for most businesses due to its time-consuming nature and susceptibility to human error.
As a result, it can be an expensive option that demands significant labor resources.
- Easy to implement for the small data set
- Manual process is time-consuming
- If you have a large dataset, it will take even more time to load all of that data into HubSpot
- Confidentiality and security access regarding sensitive data are not ensured
- Error-prone as the finance, marketing and sales teams grow
- Data is not 100% reliable and updated appropriately
Method 2 - The easy way with automation
RestApp is an innovative No Code Data Activation Platform that offers a comprehensive solution for connecting, modeling, and synchronizing data with your preferred tools.
With RestApp, anyone can conveniently access ready-to-use connectors to save time and effort in building them from scratch.
The platform offers a variety of connectors including database, data warehouse, business apps, SFTP, and GDrive.
The steps to fuel revenue data from Stripe to Hubspot using RestApp are as follows.
Connect securely RestApp to your Stripe account
Connect securely RestApp to your Hubspot account
Model in No/Low Code if need be
You can aggregate customer and revenue data by joining the Stripe and Hubspot applications on an unique field that is present in both sources:
- Hubspot: properties.email
- Stripe: customer.email
Automate your sync
You can run your sync directly from RestApp and check the matching fields in the Output:
1. Click on “Matching fields” button
2. Select all the required fields to Add and Update data for each contact
You can also add other data fields that you want to update from Stripe to Hubspot by just clicking on the “Add match” button and then Save it.
You can activate your pipeline through a scheduler to operationalize your data automation.
In this example, the pipeline will be automatically synchronized every hour.
Pros and cons of of automating revenue metrics in your CRM tool
- Quick set up to connect and import and let it run in the background
- No integration required – You can start using Hubspot immediately without having to modify existing integrations or workflows.
- Add business logic within the pipeline (Lead scoring, customer health, ARPU…)
- Free plan for up to 30min of syncing 🙂
For businesses looking to fuel Hubspot with revenue data from Stripe, there are two methods available. For one-time tasks, Method 1 is recommended. However, for regular syncing of data between the two platforms, Method 2 with a Data Activation Platform is recommended.
RestApp offers an automated solution for syncing Stripe to Hubspot without the need for CSV files or coding knowledge. With RestApp, Hubspot always has access to the latest data and businesses can trust the accuracy of their data. Additionally, RestApp allows businesses to transform revenue data and combine it with product usage information directly in their Hubspot account, providing a comprehensive 360° customer overview.
By using RestApp’s No Code Data Activation Platform, businesses can streamline their syncing process and save valuable time and resources that would otherwise be spent on manual input or coding tasks.
In this article, we discussed the importance of integrating revenue metrics into Hubspot CRM and provided two methods for achieving this integration. While the manual method can be effective, it is not scalable and requires significant time and resources.
To simplify this process and save time, data activation tools like RestApp are a great option. With RestApp’s Data Activation Platform, businesses can easily connect their Stripe and Hubspot accounts and automate the syncing of revenue data. The platform’s intuitive data modeling editor makes it easy to customize data fields and apply filters or transformations as needed.
At RestApp, we are committed to building a modern Data Activation Platform that empowers data teams with powerful tools to streamline their processes. Our next-generation platform is designed to be user-friendly, so even non-technical users can take advantage of its capabilities without requiring extensive training or coding knowledge.
Subscribe to our newsletter