Configure HubSpot Stripe Integration 101: A Simple Guide with 3 Methods
By Laurent Mauer · September 27, 2022 · 9 min read
Difficulty Level: Basic
You are a big fan of the marketing tools like Hubspot but the fact that the data are from separate systems and applications is cumbersome for you?
Don’t worry, here I show 3 ways to set up Hubspot Stripe integration so that you can free up time for your engineering & ops teams and get always up-to-date data in Hubspot.
Once accomplished, you’ll be able to:
- Build customized audiences and create customized marketing campaigns for different audiences as per the revenue they generate
- Perform Personalized Lifecycle Marketing: send the right message at the right time as per the revenue generated
- Prioritize customers/users’ support to close more deals according to their current paying plan chosen
What is Stripe?
Stripe powers payments for online and in-person retailers, subscriptions businesses, software platforms and marketplaces, and everything in between.
Stripe also helps companies beat fraud, send invoices, issue virtual and physical cards, get financing, manage business spend, and much more.
What is Hubspot?
Hubspot is a marketing platform that helps businesses grow their traffic, leads, and sales through inbound marketing strategies.
It allows users to create landing pages, design email marketing campaigns, and track analytics all in one place.
Why Is Hubspot Stripe Integration Crucial for Your Business?
A 360° customer overview gives you a complete picture of your customers’ preferences, behaviors, and needs.
When you have that information at your fingertips in your day-to-day tools, it’s easy to make better and smarter decisions for your Ops teams about how to improve your business.
It’s important to keep this kind of data about your customers because it helps you:
- Understand how well each customer fits into their ideal persona, which in turn will help you tailor your marketing messages and services to them better
- Know if any of your existing customers are being under-served, so that you can take actions to bring more value to them and increase your revenue
- Make sure you’re keeping up with the needs and expectations of your customers as they change over time, and that you’re meeting their needs as effectively as possible
Hubspot Stripe Integration: How-to
Method 1 - Hubspot Stripe Integration with CSV File
Go to your Dashboard in your Stripe Account and select the Payments page:
Stripe CSV File Creation
Step 1: Click on Export
Step 2: Select the filters and click on Export
To know more about Stripe payments’ export: click here.
Loading to Hubspot
Step 1: Go to your Hubspot account and click Contacts.
Step 2: Select your destination from the drop-down list.
You need to select a type of import :
- To import the contacts, click Contacts
- To import a company, click Company.
Import contact example from Hubspot
Select File to find the CSV file you exported from Stripe. Click Next.
Then map the import column to the correct Hubspot property.
If there are mismatched columns, map them correctly or click on “Don’t import data in unmatched columns”.
Mapping field example from Hubspot
In this section, you can select and choose built-in fields or custom fields that you can create at this step to store revenue data at contact and/or company level.
To go further: Set up your import files in Hubspot
Method 1 – Pros & Cons of Manual Process with CSV File
The manual process of loading data from Sripe to Hubspot is not an ideal solution for most businesses.
It’s time-consuming and prone to human error, which makes it an expensive option that requires a lot of manpower.
- Easy to implement for the small data set
- Manual process is time-consuming
- If you have a large dataset, it will take even more time to load all of that data into HubSpot
- Confidentiality and security access regarding sensitive data are not ensured
- Error-prone as the finance, marketing & sales teams grow
- Data is not 100% reliable and updated appropriately
Method 2 - Hubspot Stripe Integration with Hubspot‘s App Marketplace
One of the ways to set up HubSpot Stripe Integration is by using the Stripe app in the HubSpot marketplace.
Let’s dive into this method with a step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Go to your Hubspot Dashboard and click on the marketplace icon
Step 2: Go to your Hubspot Dashboard and click on the marketplace icon
Under the category “Manage”, click the “Connected apps”.
then click ‘Visit App Marketplace”
Step 3: In the Search bar, type Stripe
Step 4: Select the first Stripe Connector to enable a full data sync with Hubspot, click “Install App” and fill in the requested information.
Once the information is filled out, click “Authorize access” to this account.
You’re all set and done with the Hubspot Stripe integration with the Hubspot Marketplace method!
Method 2 – Pros & Cons of Hubspot Stripe Integration with Hubspot‘s App Marketplace
Let’s the current users speak for themselves about Hubspot Stripe Integration via Hubspot Marketplace (click here to see +30 reviews):
Method 3 - Hubspot Stripe Integration with RestApp
RestApp is a No Code Data Activation Platform that empowers data teams with an all-in-one solution to connect, model, and sync any data with your favorite tools.
Access to ready-to-use connectors to save time and pain in building them from scratch: Database, data warehouse, business apps, SFTP, GDrive…
The steps to fuel revenue data from Stripe to Hubspot using RestApp are as follows:
Step 1: Connect Securely RestApp to your Stripe account
Step 2: Connect Securely RestApp to your Hubspot account
Step 3: Model in No/Low Code if need be
You can aggregate customer and revenue data by joining the Stripe & Hubspot applications on an unique field that is present in both sources:
- Hubspot: properties.email
- Stripe: customer.email
Step 4: Automate Your Sync
You can run your sync directly from RestApp and check the matching fields in the Output:
1. Click on “Matching fields” button
2. Select all the required fields to Add and Update data for each contact
You can also add other data fields that you want to update from Stripe to Hubspot by just clicking on the “Add match” button and then Save it.
You can activate your pipeline through a scheduler to operationalize your data automation.
In this example, the pipeline will be automatically synchronized every hour.
Method 3 – Pros & Cons of Hubspot Stripe Integration with RestApp
- Quick set up to connect and import and let it run in the background
- No integration required – You can start using Hubspot immediately without having to modify existing integrations or workflows.
- Add business logic within the pipeline (Lead scoring, customer health, ARPU…)
- Free plan for up to 30min of syncing 🙂
If you are performing a one-time task, we recommend that you use Method 1. If you want to fuel Hubspot with revenue data from Stripe on a regular basis, we recommend Method 3 with a Data Activation Platform.
RestApp automatically syncs Stripe to Hubspot. No CSV or coding is required. Hubspot always has the latest data you and your team can trust. In addition, you can transform revenue data and aggregate it with product usage straight in your Hubspot account so you get a 360° customer overview.
In this article, I introduced you to get data from Stripe into your Hubspot CRM.
We also described 3 methods you can use to get up and running with Stripe and Hubspot integration.
The manual method is effective, but it requires a lot of time and resources. This is not scalable at all.
Getting revenue data from Stripe to Hubspot is a tedious and time-consuming process, but data activation tools like RestApp make this process easy and time-saving.
Discover the next-gen end-to-end data pipeline platform with our built-in No Code SQL, Python and NoSQL functions. Data modeling has never been easier and safer thanks to the No Code revolution, so you can simply create your data pipelines with drag-and-drop functions and stop wasting your time by coding what can now be done in minutes!
Discover Data modeling without code with our 14-day free trial!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Build better data pipelines
With RestApp, be your team’s data hero by activating insights from raw data sources.